It has been really exciting to see how Kebab Gali has expanded its presence in Delhi over the years. Its strong branding as an affordable, no-frills restaurant offering authentic, delectable Mughlai & Awadhi cuisines has resonated very well with food-lovers. Which is also a reason why a third outlet recently opened up at Malviya Nagar, in almost close vicinity to the original one at Yusuf Sarai.
Had been wanting to visit the new outlet but having traveled a lot of late and thanks to bodily inertia, decided to get the food delivered. It was a lovely Indian 3-course spread, and living true to its reputation, KG impressed us with each of its offerings. Portions were optimum.
* Dahi-Kebabs: Without an iota of doubt, the best I have had. Ever. This deadly combination of tangy, spicy and sweet flavors in hung curd is unmatched, and Kebab Gali exactly knows how to get it right. Large-sized and ready-to-melt-in-mouth, this is a must try for Vegans & meat-lovers alike!
* Chicken Garlic Tikka: Tender roasted chicken chunks with marination of garlic & curd served with mint chutney, ah what divinity !
* Dal Makhni: This evergreen favorite, creamy dal made for yummy bites with the hot and fluffy Lacha parantha.
* Paneer Tikka Masala: Nicely done paneer tikkas in rich tomato curry. Quite appetizing.
* Chicken Korma: Winner among the main-course preparations. With burst of tastes ranging from cinnamon to ginger , everything was in the right quantity and made for a delightful eating.
* Chicken Biryani: Served with Saalan and Raita, this was pretty good. There was a distinct aroma of saffron and chicken pieces were well-cooked. However, the spices added were a little too strong, a biryani-buff loves his biryani slightly milder ! Saalan though was top class.
Dessert : Gulab Jamuns were a befitting end to the meal; soft, delicious and not overly sweet.
Overall, it was a highly satiating and filling experience, replete with lingering tastes post-eating. Which usually happens whenever one visits Kebab Gali . People looking to enjoy mouth-watering Mughlai dishes must keep this place on their checklist !