Someone recently asked me to answer this question on Quora. Would like to share my response to this with you all 🙂
Here are some of the things to do –
- Greet people you meet with a hearty smile . From the delivery boy to your grumpy boss. Mental peace.
- Wake up early and sip your morning tea seeing the sunrise . Priceless.
- Walk/run to the park closest to your home and be with nature for a while. That stillness is soothing.
- Squeeze out 30 minutes from your busy schedule and just do what you love doing. Without restrictions. Vent it out.
- Ego is good, but arrogance is not. Try some humility instead with colleagues, family, friends. Call your old pals up who might hold the same silly ego as you do.
- Visit an orphanage or an old age home once in a while , share and spread your joy with them.
- Lend your helping hand. There are many who need you, while you inadvertently ignore.
- Learn the art of letting go if someone wants to move on, nothing is permament anyway. Be your own strength.
- Meditate. Five minutes alone work.
- Count your blessings daily for what you are, where you are and how you are. People are in a worse state, yet they survive, sometimes better than you do. So always keep your chin up for things will eventually fall in place, whatever the case might be this moment.
- Do your karma well, whole-heartedly . It will pay you back. Someday 🙂